The intention of the Politics curriculum at Weald of Kent Grammar School is to inspire an appetite for debate. Students will develop a detailed understanding of the workings of the UK and US political systems, as well as an in-depth knowledge of political ideologies. We want them construct well-supported, informed political arguments with an evaluative focus that enables them to weigh up the things that work within our political world, and those that do not. This subject has a strong a citizenship focus, emphasising the need to be an active member of society.
Key stage 5
- The role of citizens in politics
- Pressure groups
- Political parties and politicians
- The constitution
- Devolved bodies.
- Ideologies that influence politics: Liberalism, Socialism and Conservativism
- The United States political systems
- The role of the President
- Supreme Court
- American public participation in politics